Readymix concrete has been produced on site since 1990. A fully computerised and automated double batching plant ensure the production of high quality readymix concrete for industrial, residential and agricultural purposes. All concrete is certified to I.S. EN 206-1:2002 Concrete Specification, Performance, Production and Conformity.
Standard concrete mixes are available in strengths from 10N/sq mm to 50N/sq mm. These can be supplied with 20mm or 10mm maximum aggregate size. The staff at Gleeson Quarries can advise on the appropriate concrete mix for a particular project.
Specialised concrete mixes are also available. These include:
- Concrete pump mixes for use in pumping applications
- Polypropylene fibre concete to reduce shrinkage and surface cracking. This can replace steel mesh.
- Coloured concrete for decorative slabs, patios, etc.
- Air entrained concrete for freeze thaw conditions, e.g. coldrooms.
- Structural fibres in either steel or polypropylene to replace reinforcing steel.
- Superplasticised concrete for enhanced slump or lower water/cement ratio.